Your online Softimage Educational Resource

The blog has been online for more than 4 years and there’s still not a single post even remotely related to the delicious brew called coffee… Perhaps it will someday, but in the meantime you can read the articles about Softimage. Most of the material are tutorials and Q&As I’ve written for 3D World Magazine sometime between today and 2003. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate sending me an email.


Thanks to Letterbox Animation Studios for hosting all the scene files.

Make sure you visit their Redi-Vivus.com for 100s of hours of free XSI video tutorials.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

I know i'm a but late with the holyday greetings, but I do have to work as well =) Nevertheless, I hope you’ve had a Merry Christmas and will have wonderful New Year!

I would also like to thank you for all the positive feedback comments I’ve received during the last couple of weeks. Please feel free to continue sending me any comments/suggestions/request you may have (click here to send me an email). I’ll be adding a couple of new articles once I’m back from the holidays so stay tuned for more tutorials.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful having your tutes as reference material. Thanks!

My only suggestion would be to have some way of searching by keyword. I've been looking for the tutorial on scripting wheel rotation. I know I saw it among your tutes... danged if I can find it again.

All the best for the new year!

Ola Madsen said...

The search feature is a good suggestion, and is in fact one of the features I’ve been thinking about adding after the holidays. In the meantime, here’s the direct link to the gearwheel tutorial. http://caffeineabuse.blogspot.com/2008/06/rotating-gearwheels.html

rgn said...

Hi and happy New Year to you too!
I really like your tutorials, all I miss is some cool Vray-like-ohmygod displacement stuff :P
(I hope you'll publish one in the near future ;))

cheers

Ola Madsen said...

Any chance you can be a bit more specific about the ohmygod displacement tutorials you’re requesting? =) Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions for upcoming tutorials. If it’s a relevant question there’s a good chance I’ll make a tutorial for it.

Cheers
Ola

rgn said...

Hi!
Well I just see vray users do very realistic/fine displacement things, from grass to everything else :) and I really just fail every time I try it under XSI :)
I Googled for tutorials for about a week but didn't find any good :x
If you know a good one please share it with us :)
Thanks!

Ola Madsen said...

I'll have a look at it and see if I can come up with something interesting...

Cheers
Ola

rgn said...

Many thanks in advance:]!